It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:01 am
Change font size
SpaForums.Com Spa & Hot Tub Service, Repair and Help

Spa & Hot Tub Plumbing & Jets

need help on modifying jet for a hydro'ssage by hydro air

Hints and service help ideas, thoughts - things you've found to work that would help others. Do not post your service questions here unless it is directly related to a help tip that has already been posted.

need help on modifying jet for a hydro'ssage by hydro air

Postby reefriot13 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:26 pm

i have an older santanna spa and have no clue as to what jets they used. 1 that has worn out is this huge honk'in thing that i finally tracked down as a hydro'ssage, there not making any replacment things for them. so on spababes i found that you can cover the opening with lexan and install a new jet in the lexan. heres my problem what jet to use in the lexan? also i would assume the rest of the jets in the tub are probablly hydro air as well? have one thats clogged and would like to replace the insert. most of the jets i've seen have a 90 degree elbow and i need something that i can hook up to the other jet via fleable tubing or something. heres a pic of the jet i want to modify. i would be getting rid of 8,9,10 and keeping the rest of the parts intact.
reefriot13

Hydrossage

Postby inhotwater » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:43 pm

Hi reefriot 13,

Your Hydrossage internal "Flow Path Assembly" will be sorely missed. I am forced to break the news to many a consumer that the funny looking piece of plastic the dog carried off isn't available any more. I've been installing a traditional caged eyeball in it's place, and toss the flow path assy. All you really need is the internal, not the entire jet body, but I don't think you can just get the internal.

http://spapartsnet.com/Reference-Catalo ... 7_0_1.html

It certainly doesn't have the same effect, but it beats covering up the entire jet cut out.

(If it's any concellation, those puppies sure were noisy!.....Doodip, Doodoo, Doodip, Doodoo.)
Over 20,000 served
inhotwater

Postby reefriot13 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:54 am

i still have all the parts but the eyeball is pretty worn out so it spins around and blocks the water flow. also the wedge looking end on #8 can off so i'd have to re-glue. i'd like to put a pulsing jet or something there if i can. also like to see the gaping hole go away hence the lexan cover. i see your pic but its confusing, is that to replace the entire jet assembally? not really looking to do that.
reefriot13

Hydro air - Pentair

Postby inhotwater » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:32 am

Hi reefriot 13,

7, 8, 9, and 10 get tossed into the neighbors' yard.
The wall fitting, and internal replace all of that. The Jet Bodies are the same (even though they don't look it).
Yes you will still have 1 through 6 in the spa, and it will look goofy without the grate, but not as goofy as cutting a plate to fit the rectangle hole, and then plumbing the jets. (and fixing the leak, and fixing the leak).
The Microssage assembly also in your pic is equally dated as to what you want to replace. If you go with the "Shell Plug", then consider a more modern jet assembly. :wink:
Over 20,000 served
inhotwater

Postby Pork* » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:17 pm

:D Hello

I think you should buy a new shell and start over. I've seen people try to remove this jet and in all cases they were a Failure. They all leaked. I'm not saying it cant be done but probably for the age of the spa a simple jet internal like In-hotwater suggested is the simplest way to get an effect from that jet.
Pork*

Postby reefriot13 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:18 am

i think your all not understanding me. i was not planning on removing anything other than the inner part of the jet. the lexan was to cover the huge hole left by the grill that was there before. i wanted to put a jet in the lexan and attach it to the other jet in the shell. not trying to use the lexan to make a water tight seal.
i really didn't understand "in hot water" was he telling me that the jet he showed me will fit into the body of my old jet? if thats the case i'm all game for something that easy.
reefriot13

Jet

Postby inhotwater » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:11 pm

Hi reefriot 13,
Thats pretty much what I was getting at.
Leisure Bay used a ton of those jets in the early 90's, and now I walk up on the spa and say, " I can refurbish your entire spa,....oh except for your jet"
The link I posted shows basicly the same jet body (Manifold), with a different wall fitting, and internal.
I would take the wall fitting, and re-thread it into the existing jet body, and then install the eyeball. Heck I even left the grate in place. The results will be lackluster compared to the orriginal Hydrossage, but it saved the shell.

P.S. If I don't make sence, Ask me,cause that's what my wife says all the time.

She also says I don't listen to her... ( I think thats what she said..)
Over 20,000 served
inhotwater

Re: need help on modifying jet for a hydro'ssage by hydro air

Postby aussiespaparts » Wed May 11, 2011 12:39 am

Hydroair Hydro'ssage spa jets - long obsolete - YES ..... not available? Wrong! We have stock ..... very limited quantity, but we do have them in stock. They'd been tucked away in a corner for years awaiting rediscovery!
http://www.spaparts.com.au
aussiespaparts

Return to Spa & Hot Tub Plumbing & Jets