It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:06 am
Change font size
SpaForums.Com Spa & Hot Tub Service, Repair and Help

Spa & Hot Tub Pumps

all vita spa questions here

Spa and Hot Tub Repair, Hints and service help ideas, thoughts - things you've found to work that would help others. Do not post your service questions here unless it is directly related to a help tip that has already been posted.

all vita spa questions here

Postby stulzerl » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:54 am

vita tech here. any questions about your vita spa can be asnwered here!
stulzerl

Re: all vita spa questions here

Postby wjustice » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:05 am

Will you be posting in other forums here?
wjustice

Postby stulzerl » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:18 pm

yes
stulzerl

Postby jimsal » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 pm

I have a Vita Caprice Spa that has stopped working. My local dealer has looked at it and says the Spa side controller (L-50) is faulty. He removed it and looked for 2 lights on the underside, couldn't see any so determined it was faulty. He then said the main board could have faulted and that could be the cause of the Spa side controller faulting so now says the only thing to do is to change both, and of course he expects me to pay for both. I'm not happy to do this as I'm not convinced he is correct, the main board looks OK and has 2 green lights on, one constant and one flashing.
Is my dealer correct, he hasn't actually tested anything to prove the main board faulty? Can the board be tested to prove if it is working or not?
Hope you can help me.
Jimsal
jimsal

Postby stulzerl » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:59 pm

just change the top side and forget about the board. 2 lights under the controler? never seen that 1
dont get fooled just replace the controler and thats it.
stulzerl

Postby jimsal » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:27 am

Many thanks, that's given me the confidence to do it, and saved me a lot of money.
jimsal

Postby skipper523 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:16 pm

We have a vita spa duet. didn't work at first, giving us a P6 error message it looked like, on the top panel. We changed the top panel controller and the circuit board as well. now, it turns on and the light works too, but it's not allowing me to set the temperature at all. when it comes on, it shows the water temp at 88 degrees. but i can't seem to get it to increase the degrees...what else could be wrong, or what am i doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated!!! thank you!
skipper523

Postby stulzerl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:55 pm

i know that pb code means that the top side is not comunicating with the circuit board.and it might be the board giving you the problem.
stulzerl

Postby stulzerl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:04 pm

jimsal wrote:Many thanks, that's given me the confidence to do it, and saved me a lot of money.

i hope it all worked out
stulzerl

Postby dolby51ex » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:59 am

I have a Selectron 500 error code O3: No light reading at ozonator.

What should I do? Just replace oxonator?

Thanks so much for your time.
dolby51ex

Postby dolby51ex » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 am

Thanks anyway. I got my answer from Denny and the manufacturer today. Just replace the ozonator.
dolby51ex

Vita Spa blowers not switching

Postby velodromeracer » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Hello,

I have an old Vita Spa Vintage DX. Over the past 2 years, I have replaced the pump and heater. Last winter the switch to cycle the air jets did not seem to work. It is an air switch, so I bought one and changed it and still no change. I am at a loss-We havent used the tub for a year and really want to keep it...ideas?
velodromeracer

Postby Billys12508 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:12 am

I have a Vita Nuage that is just less then a year old and am having a heating problem.
The Temp is set for 91 and I cannot get the water temp to come below 100.
The heater does not seem to be coming on as the symbol on the display is not there. I have
open the side and touched all of the pumps. The pump directly behind the control boards is hot, but I can keep my hand on it.
Is it a pump problem a heater problem.
Because of what is going on at Vita the dealer I bought it from basically tells me I am on my own for help.
Thanks.
Billys12508

Postby stulzerl » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:46 am

you have 24 hr and permanent temperature.
make sure your permanent temperature is to the temperature that you want. i can gide you by phone...
stulzerl

Postby Jess09 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:56 am

I have vita spa dx series and it wont heat up but also at the same time when i power it on the blowers and jets turn on together and there is no way to turn them offone at a time. Do I need to replace the heater or maybe just the knobs and controls?
Jess09

All vita spa questions here - re Vintage DX 30?

Postby EncsIsMe » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 am

I have a DX 30 (I think) in the Vintage line. I have the unit wired 120 and it is not heating or so slow to heat the water would evaporate faster. I have checked the heater element.. not showing an open so my understanding is the element is ok. Not sure the problem.

Also. Can I rewire the unit for 240? if so, how? and what will be my advantage/disadvantage? All other aspects of the unit work fine. Thanks in advance.

Al

encisisme@yahoo.com
EncsIsMe

Postby Mellee27 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:24 am

hi

friend just got a vita spa lc500 needs a bit of work as I believe he got it for free, He needs to replace the blower since there wasn't one he dont know what size it is. Can you help at all? He dont have a manuel either so if you can direct me to a website that may have the schematics for putting the blower and some other parts on that would be very helpful. Thank you :)

Mellee27
Mellee27

Postby heads72 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:34 am

Hello to all and thanks in advance! I got my Vita Spa from my father's house when he moved out and was working fine about two years ago. I know its been 2 years but construction at home did not allow me to install until now. I have now done all the electical to code and manufacturers instructions, but it's not working. the printed CB is showing good power. (the two LED light are comming on. transformer OK and flash ok)but the controller is not displaying anything. It faintly comes on and the backgroun LED come on for a second and then back off again. I could only guess that the pumps do not run cause of the controller since it is programed thought the controller itself. All the fuses are good also. All logic points to the control but I have never worked on a hot tube before and would hate to spend $300.00 + on one and it not be the problem. Any advice would greatly be appreciated and once again thanks.
heads72

Postby loadcontrol » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi,
If anybody can help me with this I will be eternally grateful. I have a Vitaspa Essence (L700C?). It has been working fine until a few days ago when the topside display started to blink and the spa no longer heats. All other functions are fine and the circulation pump works - emitting a nice stream of bubbles into the spa. I can operate all the program functions - it's just that the spa will not respond to heat demands and the display is constantly blinking.

Any thoughts?

[u]After further investigation:[/u]

The flow switch is working fine - I have checked it open and closed with the spa on and off. I have also disconnected the flow switch wires - the display flashes FLO. When I short them as though the flow switch were sensing water flow then the display returns to the state described above - temp or time flashes and the heater does not function.

I have checked the heater impedence - about 15 ohms. I have checked the voltage across the heater terminals when heat is demanded - zero volts. There is no relay sound when the temperature is adjusted above or below the sensed temperature.

Disconnecting the high temperature sensor attached to the heater body has no effect. Disconnecting the current sensor has no effect. The 3 1/2 minute self test program comes up with an HC error code - my manual says it means replace the heater but my guess is that the heater is OK - just the logic does not want to switch it on.

Just occasionally the heater descides to turn on and function normally - about 1 day every 2 weeks.

[u]A year(!) later.[/u]
Thanks to some incredibly helpful guys and a business development this problem has been solved. Stand up the Meyer brothers - www. SpaBrothers.com - source of all Vita Spa wisdom.

The problem turned out to be a faulty Hi-limit sensor - the sensor attached to the heater body. This will give an HC code on the self test as well as heater failure or heater relay failure. Not only was I hand-held through this diagnosis but they could even send the part to the UK. Got it in a week. Last year when they were just Zonvita this wasn't possible but the business has now developed an international reach so if you live outside the US you can still get help.

Hopefully this will be of some assistance to you increasingly resourceful band of Vita Spa owners. There's life in that spa yet!
loadcontrol

Postby BA232 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:59 am

Hello, Just hooked up my new/used Vita with a L200 control. Had it running for an hour or two with no rise in the temp. Got lots of great advice searching this forum and this is where i'm at. Turns on and flows high and low pump. Blower works. lights work. No voltage accross the heating element posts. Element is showing 11 ohms and no shorts to ground. Pressure switch showing open when off, closed when running. Did the jumper on the perssure switch wires 5 seconds after the puimp starts, still no heat. Tested same wires by pulling the jumper after running and I then get the FLO and the heating indicator turns off so I think that circuit is ok. Heater indicator turns on when thermostat is raised above water temp and turns off when lowered below water temp so I believe the water temp sensor is working. No errors on the spa side. Did the reboot, no change. I'm not sure how to test the high temp sensor but would think the heating indicator would not turn on if it were bad. When I unplug it, I'll get the 55=0 open curcuit error. I think it may be the relay on the board but don't want to throw money at it if there is more to test. Any one know what relay(s) controls the power to the heating element? I don't see any other sensors that could be a problem. I did want to be in it on fathers day with a cold beverage so please help!
BA232

Postby mooncreature » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Just moved in,when we turn on the breaker jets go on and stay on.no info on display,Where do I start? series 100 Thanks in advance...
mooncreature

Postby JCoop » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:18 am

Hello, I have a L700 (Allure I think) and have been having "FLO" message problems. I have replaced the flo switch and recirculation pump and solved it temporarily. It runs well but when I switch on the jets, the rear jets don't work now and the FLO message reappears. I suspect it may be time for a new jet pump as well. I need a schematic and a prts layout so I know where theis pump is located, and tips on troubleshooting the jet pump. I was going to switch the plugs between the 2 main pumps to isolate the problem...
Help?

Thanks.
JCoop

Postby aquawarehouse » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:46 am

The two lights he is referring to are on the board ( PCB ) one should be green ( solid ) and 1 flashing.
There were a few issues with these where the boards were faulty and they made the controllers faulty. Thus if you only changed the controller and used the existing board you may make the new controller faulty as well. Thus the dealer was correct in suggesting you change both.
However if you wish to take a gamble just change the controller. That's what I do and 95% of the time it works fine.
aquawarehouse

Postby Donnags » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:55 pm

stulzerl wrote:vita tech here. any questions about your vita spa can be asnwered here!

I have a Vita L 700 series refilled it after empty all summer FLO message Openend up front panel to find white crusted coating (like a lime) all over the heater alloy and some pipes etc. Cleaned it off FLO message persisits Any ideas
Donnags

Postby stulzerl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:28 pm

JCoop wrote:Hello, I have a L700 (Allure I think) and have been having "FLO" message problems. I have replaced the flo switch and recirculation pump and solved it temporarily. It runs well but when I switch on the jets, the rear jets don't work now and the FLO message reappears. I suspect it may be time for a new jet pump as well. I need a schematic and a prts layout so I know where theis pump is located, and tips on troubleshooting the jet pump. I was going to switch the plugs between the 2 main pumps to isolate the problem...
Help?

Thanks.

if its what im thinking. here how to fix it. press the program button to get the temp flashing, after that press and hold the light button for 5 seconds. it should read P= 2c. if thats correct you may have a bad pump.
stulzerl

Postby stulzerl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Donnags wrote:
stulzerl wrote:vita tech here. any questions about your vita spa can be asnwered here!

I have a Vita L 700 series refilled it after empty all summer FLO message Openend up front panel to find white crusted coating (like a lime) all over the heater alloy and some pipes etc. Cleaned it off FLO message persisits Any ideas

If your circulation pump is running. you gotten away cheap. you pressure switch may be bad.

for parts just contact me.
stulzerl

Postby stulzerl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:32 pm

mooncreature wrote:Just moved in,when we turn on the breaker jets go on and stay on.no info on display,Where do I start? series 100 Thanks in advance...

sounds like you need a new spa side my friend.

for any parts just contact me
stulzerl

Postby stulzerl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:35 pm

Billys12508 wrote:I have a Vita Nuage that is just less then a year old and am having a heating problem.
The Temp is set for 91 and I cannot get the water temp to come below 100.
The heater does not seem to be coming on as the symbol on the display is not there. I have
open the side and touched all of the pumps. The pump directly behind the control boards is hot, but I can keep my hand on it.
Is it a pump problem a heater problem.
Because of what is going on at Vita the dealer I bought it from basically tells me I am on my own for help.
Thanks.

the water will stay ambiance temperature. like here in fl. it is impossible to get the water at 91 since outside always feels like 100 degrees.
what is the temperature on your town?
stulzerl

Postby kiwiaudio » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm trying to save an old L200 and it is interesting !
It has a topside mounted hole with an acrylic cover loosely mounted. Water blasts out of this blowhole 30' in the air ! Are my divertor valves plugged? I only have the one topside mounted valve for water control i think (Power 1, Power 2, and Therapy).
The other top mounted valves are air flow right (open and closed) ??

Any ideas ?
kiwiaudio

Postby lonnie904 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:58 pm

i have a 2006 vita spa L700c, pump will run on lower speed when you turn it up it makes a loud hum noise and shuts off with a flo code. i removed the cabinet, pump one runs normal, when you turn pump 2 and 3 on they barely turn, checked for blockage or binding pump 2 and 3 turn freely, pump 1 runs fine on speed 1, when you go to speed 2, that's when you get the noise and shut down. thanks for any help.
lonnie904

Postby stulzerl » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:16 am

lonnie904 wrote:i have a 2006 vita spa L700c, pump will run on lower speed when you turn it up it makes a loud hum noise and shuts off with a flo code. i removed the cabinet, pump one runs normal, when you turn pump 2 and 3 on they barely turn, checked for blockage or binding pump 2 and 3 turn freely, pump 1 runs fine on speed 1, when you go to speed 2, that's when you get the noise and shut down. thanks for any help.

start by checking you P equals setting. which you do by pressing the program button(temperature should flash) the press and hold the light button until it reads P=2C. if it doesn't read that press the temp up and down button until you get it to read P=2C.
if it reads right(P=2C) then the next step will be checking your electric.(has anyone rewire your board lately?)
stulzerl

Postby stulzerl » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:19 am

kiwiaudio wrote:I'm trying to save an old L200 and it is interesting !
It has a topside mounted hole with an acrylic cover loosely mounted. Water blasts out of this blowhole 30' in the air ! Are my divertor valves plugged? I only have the one topside mounted valve for water control i think (Power 1, Power 2, and Therapy).
The other top mounted valves are air flow right (open and closed) ??

Any ideas ?

i need spa model and year.
stulzerl

Postby kiwiaudio » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:52 am

Hi Stulzerl, my L200 with the old faithful guyser is a year 2000 Caliente. I've taken the diverter handles off and made everything seemingly operational again. I'm waiting on a new pump and will be ready to try her again soon. Hopefully the problem was that the valves were not allowing flow, and the water had to get out somewhere. Just as well this tub is not inside the house !

Update: Installed the new pump and got her fired up again. I still have a guyser coming from this port and see that I can control it somewhat with these diverter valves. Even though they seem to be working correctly, they evidently are not. There are three open/closed valves around the tub and its very hard to determine which one is my problem, if indeed they are my problem !
Is there anywhere i can see an exploded diagram of these diverter valves, so i can see how they are supposed to be.

Help - i'm almost there !
kiwiaudio

Postby beth911op » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:40 pm

OK...Vita Tech man...I just got a Vita Spa LX series (I believe) with a Selectron lx400 control panel (ten button) and we have no manual on the spa OR the control panel and have no idea how to program....can you please get me a manual and/or tell me how to program this control panel...spa runs great

Thank You
beth911op

Re: Nuage Spa Side Not Working

Postby Termite » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:57 am

We just refilled our Nuage after not using for 6 months and all equipment worked upon initial start-up. Now the spa side displays a time and locks/unlocks, however, no other buttons function. It also appears that the circulation pump runs continuously when spa is powered up. Circuit board is relatively new. We can get one of three pumps operational after unplugging/plugging in the controller and remote, however, it activates automatically and not by use of the spa side. Thanks.
Termite

Postby GregHowarth » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Can Reflections (Vita) topside be substituted? Does anybody know if a 5 button LXR100SS topside controller can be replaced with the 6 button model LXR200SS? Model tag on my spa reads PTCOR106RSIG. The control board is L500A (460100), Pump 1 is two speed 240v, Pump 2 is single speed 240v, there is a 240v ozone generator and it has the 12 volt digichrome light board in the control box. The 6th button on the 200 is for an auxiliary device which there is none. I'm guessing the controller should work, perhaps with the pumps on/off order possibly being different IF (?) the 200 is looking for a 2 speed pump. I would appreciate anybodies experience or knowledge on this matter. The reason is I may be able to get a LXR200SS substantially cheaper than the LXR100SS but returning it won't be an option. Thanks in advance.

Reposted from different forum
GregHowarth

Postby Goiby » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:04 pm

I have a Vita Vintage DX series spa. What is the correct filter (s) to use? The compartment has 3 holes, 2 are threaded and 1 looks like to should have a diaphram or screen in it. Also, it sucks the water through the slits next to filter, when does it suck from bottom inlet in tub? It seems odd to have an inlet at the lowest point of the tub that does not suck water into filter chamber. I have a picture of it if it would help. Thanks.
Goiby

Многофункциональные часы

Postby Royadedorry » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:00 am

Продажа бытовой техники и посуды
Электрощипцы
Royadedorry

Re: Nuage Spa Side Not Working

Postby Hoffa09 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:30 pm

I have a Nuage LC 700 that was purchased in 10/06 and recently experiencing some issues with the tub. I conducted a self-diagnostic test and let it run for the 3 and a half minutes. The lights do not turn and the only set of jets that operates during the self-test is the air injection blower seat. The other jets don't operate during the test and once the self-test is complete I code I receive is AEL and the symbols Filter is on and Heater is on.

I also noticed that it sounds like one of the pumps is not operating properly. Any recommendations?

I notice that Vita owners manual indicates that there is a 5 yr warranty on all factory installed electronic components- pumps, blowers etc... has anyone had to make a claim against the warranty and does anyone know what the AEL code means.
Hoffa09

Postby kiwiaudio » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:31 pm

My 1999 Vita Spa Caliente has the selectron 200 controller. The manual is very vague about changing the times for the two filtration cycles. If i can set this to my schedule, i'll never have to take it out of economy mode. Can someone elaborate on how to change these times please.
kiwiaudio

Return to Spa & Hot Tub Pumps